- Claim Guidance
- Claim Form
- MSIG Claims Hotline (24 hours): 1259
- Inquiries about Motor Claims
Fax: 0 2318 8398
- Telephone to notify us of the accident immediately so we can help you. Please let us know the following: Place of accident and any nearby signposts/landmarks e.g. the name of the road, and the location of the insured vehicle relative to nearby buildings etc.
- Name of the driver of the insured vehicle at the time of accident and a contact (mobile) number.
- Registration plate number, brand and make of the insured vehicle and policy number (if known)
- Brief details of the accident.
- Note down the following details:
- Registration plate number, brand and make of the third party vehicle.
- Names and contact details of any witnesses.
- Please ask for the Company's advice before moving the insured vehicle from the place of the accident unless instructed to move the vehicle by a police officer.
- If the vehicle is moved, please notify us of the new location/meeting point.
- Do not admit any liability or sign any documents without the Company's consent.
- Do not make or accept any payment without the Company's consent.
If the third party admits liability, please request a signed written statement from the third party.
If the third party drives away, please report the accident to the local district police together with the registration plate number (please specify the province), brand, make and colour of the third party vehicle. Please make sure that your intention to pursue the case is indicated in the police report.้
If the insured vehicle needs to be left in police custody, please take out all removable accessories and request the investigating officer to make a record (and provide a copy) of all property left in the vehicle. Do not leave any valuables in the vehicle.ี
If the insured vehicle is stolen, please immediately report the loss to the local police, the highway police (Tel: 1193), Traffic Pro FM 91 (Tel: 1644), Anti Vehicle-Thief Center (Tel: 02-513-3844), and the Company.ี
If anyone is injured, arrange for the injured person to be taken to the nearest hospital and report in person to a police officer to avoid being accused of trying to runaway. Please notify us immediately if a bail bond is needed. The company will bail out the insured driver (subject to the policy terms and conditions) as quickly as possible.
If there is no third party,(e.g. the windshield is broken or collision with a fence or a pole etc), please:
Telephone to notify us of the accident immediately.Take the insured vehicle to be repaired at one of our authorised repairers. If you would like to get the vehicle repaired at an unauthorised repairer, please contact the Company before the repair work begins.
Important Laws and Regulations to note:
If a driver runs away after an accident, it would be presumed that this party is at fault. Investigating police officers do not have any right to detain a driver unless someone is seriously injured or killed in the accident. (A person is said to be seriously injured if s/he needs over 20 days of medical treatment.)
Repairs to vehicles should be carried out at MSIG partner garages to monitor and ensure high standards of service. You should contact and get approval from the company before any repairs are done if you would like a non-authorized garage to do your repairs.
OIC Claims Payment Regulation (Effective from Sept 4th, 2016)
• Compulsory Motor Insurance
The normal time period for considering and making claims payment takes around 7 days from the day that the Company receives all the required correctly completed documents.
• Other Insurance Policies
The normal time period for considering claims from when the Company receives all the required correctly completed documents for:
1) Voluntary Motor Insurance is usually within 15 days.
2) Property Insurance and other policy classes is usually within 30 days.
Claim payments will usually be made within 15 days from the date the claimant has agreed the amount of compensation.
In cases when there is reasonable doubt regarding the validity of a claim according to the stated policy coverage, the time periods stated above may be longer but no longer than necessary or reasonable and usually not longer than 90 days from when the Company receives all the correctly completed documents.
Remark: The above time periods are guidelines and are not legally binding. The consideration of claims shall depend on the terms, conditions and exceptions of each insurance policy. The Company may ask for further information and supporting documents before concluding the assessment of any claim.
Please download the claim form, fill it in, and sent it together with supporting documents to us at the following address:
Motor Claims Department
MSIG Insurance (Thailand) PCL.
1908 MSIG Building, New Petchburi Road
Bangkapi, Hauykwang, Bangkok 10310
You may also scan and email the completed claim form and supporting documents to :
Fax: 0 2716 6615
|Claim Form for Motor Insurance|
|Motor Accident Report Form||Download|
** Forms can be viewed by Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download if you don't have the program.