- Claim Guidance
- Claim Form
- Emergency Call (Non-Office Hour)
MSIG Claims Hotline: 1259
- Inquiries about Fire, Marine and Others Claims
Fax: 0 2319 1441
Fire & Others Claims Procedure :
In case of any claim arising from the policy, the following procedures must be adopted to allow us to consider the claim promptly.
- As soon as the loss or damage is discovered, it is the duty of the insured to minimise such loss as if there is no insurance.
- Immediately examine the damage to verify the extent of loss and its nature.
- Report the incident to the police, and obtain the certified true copy of the police report. (In case of missing property, fire damage, or a third party causing loss or damage).
- Maintain the damaged property, and other evidence concerned, in its original condition, taking photographs of the damage to substantiate the loss, if possible
- Immediately inform the insurer when the loss or damage occur or as soon as it is discovered.
- Claim form / claim letter from the insured
- Photographs of the damage property
- Police report
- Copy of claim letter against the party causing loss or damage
- Copy of other insurance policies which may be covered (if any)
- Documentary evidence to substantiate the extent of loss or damage e.g. security report, technician report.
- Quotation of repair or replacement, payment receipt.
- Copy of personal identity / house registration of the insured
- In some cases, the insurers may need to conduct an investigation or inspection of the loss or damage
- Others, where applicable
OIC Claims Payment Regulation (Effective from Sept 4th, 2016)
The normal time period for considering claims from when the Company receives all the required correctly completed documents is usually within 30 days.
Claim payments will usually be made within 15 days from the date the claimant has agreed the amount of compensation.
In cases when there is reasonable doubt regarding the validity of a claim according to the stated policy coverage, the time periods stated above may be longer but no longer than necessary or reasonable and usually not longer than 90 days from when the Company receives all the correctly completed documents.
Remark: The above time periods are guidelines and are not legally binding. The consideration of claims shall depend on the terms, conditions and exceptions of each insurance policy. The Company may ask for further information and supporting documents before concluding the assessment of any claim.
Please download the claim form, fill it in, and sent it together with supporting documents to us at the following address:
Property, Casualty & Marine Claims Department
MSIG Insurance (Thailand) PCL.
1908 MSIG Building, New Petchburi Road่
Bangkapi, Hauy Kwang, Bangkok 10310 10310
You may also scan and email the completed claim form and supporting documents to :
Fax: 0 2319 1441
|Claim Form for Fire, Marine Cargo and Other Accidents|
|Property All Risks||Download|
** Forms can be viewed by Adobe Acrobat Reader, please download if you don't have the program.